Tuesday, September 21, 2010

fly russia compilation



Lately, I've been coming across a lot of cool stuff coming out of the Russian beat scene, including this nice little compilation put out by Error Broadcast and Siberian tune blog called Gimme5. 15 downtempo tracks swimming in analog lo-fi hiss and crackle, ranging from super chill tunes like Miracle Libido's "Synesthesia" to Nowcow's speaker-threatening "Dynamicize." The only name I recognized on this comp was Moscow's favorite chip hopper Pixelord.

Very cool stuff. The only way I can think to put it is that the tunes just sound like Russia - at least the way I picture Russia in my head - surely the product of long, frozen nights fueled by a vodka swagger and post-soviet melancholy. The folks over at Error Broadcast are calling this "Slav Soul."

Check it

No comments:

Post a Comment